Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 16 & 15 of Things I Love

I have to start getting better at this!!
 
 
 
Day 16 of Things I Love: cooking/baking
 
 
About two years ago at this time the only thing I knew how to "cook" was spaghetti.
Poor Matthew, he would always eat my spaghetti and I'm sure choke it down but bless his heart he did it with a smile every time, ha!
 
Last New Year (2012)my resolution was to learn how to cook more than just spaghetti
and I think I have accomplished that! I LOVE to find new recipes and just start cooking away.
Again, Matthew is the person who usually is the first one to try my new dish and so far he has liked all of them (or so he said). I pretty much know when he likes something and when he is just being nice :) he's a sweetheart.
 
I made him his favorite type of muffins for Valentines day...CHOCOLATE CHIP.
He's going to be so excited. I added extra chocolate chips.
 
 
 
I was really tempted to try one.
 
I found on Pinterest (shocker, right?) a cute way to add color to plain cupcake liners 
and of course I had to try it!
 
 
All you need:
 
- white cupcake liners
 
- food coloring
 
- water
 
- bowls for mixing the dye in that are wide enough on the bottom to fit the top of a cupcake liner
 
 
 
It’s pretty simple actually, all you have to do is mix the food coloring in a bowl with some water (use more water for lighter shades) and then dip the top of the cupcake liner in it.
 
 
 
 
I had to hold each one down like this..
 
 
I loved how they turned out and can't wait to try other colors!
 
 
 
Day 15 of Things I Love: LOVE
 
Cheesy, I know but I just couldn't help it since today is VALENTINE'S DAY
 
Happy Lovaahs day!
 
I hope you all had a wonderful day, either with your love of with someone you care about!
 
Matthew, sadly has a test tomorrow so we are celebrating our THIRD Valentine's Day this Saturday!
Did I mention it's our THIRD Valentine's Day together? I seriously can't believe it's been that long yet I feel like I have known him my whole life.
I am continually amazed by his caring and loving ways. He has a passion for everything he does and funny enough his goals become mine for him because I know how eager he is for them and I am just SO over joyed when he reaches them.
 
It has been very clear for a long time and each day I am reminded of just how much we love each other.
 
 This was our first Valentine's Day together (2011)
 
 
This was last year, our second Valentine's Day together (2012)
 


Obviously I got a haircut, ha!
 
Happy Valentine's Day to my perfect Valentine. I love you forever.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day!