Friday, June 28, 2013

DIY Candy dish..from the Dolla Tree

HAPPY FRIDAY!!
I don't know about y'all but this week has flown and I mean f-l-o-w-n by!! Not that I am complaining or anything because I definitely love me a weekend!

Remember about a month ago I shared with you my sisters surprise Tiffany & Co. themed birthday party? And remember how I promised I would do a how to post on the different things I made?
Well I didn't lie because I am sharing that with you today...finally....I know.

DIY candy dish

Well guess what?!
I bought this at the Dollar Tree...it didn't look anything like this when I bought it but almost everything came from Dollar Tree!!
Don't you just LOVE a DIY project with stuff from the Dollar Tree? 
.

I had some crazy picture in my head for this little project and I knew exactly what I wanted to get and how I wanted it to look.
This is actually a glass bowl on top of a glass candle stick holder.
What what!?
I am in love with how it turned out!
I used Gorilla glue to glue it together and bought the spray paint at Wal Mart.
This cost me about $6 considering I already had the Gorilla glue.


I just glued the bowl on top and then let it dry for about 30 mins and then spray painted it.
Don't use too much of the Gorilla glue because it expands as it dries.

I also made this one...
DIY candy dish
It's a glass bowl on top of a drinking glass. 
I did the same exact thing as the one above!
It was my first time ever using spray paint and let's just say I am looking for everything to spray paint now, I loved using it!!


Have any events coming up you could use this in?
If you make one let me know so I can look at it!!


Week 2 of training will be over this afternoon as soon as I clock out and you all know what that means...
6 more weeks of training!! 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! :)

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea, you can do so many cool things with this project. Very creative! Can't wait to try it out.

    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so stinkin' cute! I wish I were crafty :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi could you tell me what color from walmart spray paint did you use? I have a babyshower that i want to try this. oh howm many cans? lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!