Friday, August 30, 2013

Week of welcome activities

This past week has been week of welcome for all the incoming freshmen, we have been doing all kinds of different activities to try and get them involved with the SOC (Servants of Christ)
So I am going to share with you just a little bit of what we have been up to!
 
Last Thursday was great move in day at Tech. Thousands of freshmen moved into their dorms to start their college career here in good ole Cookeville.
A small group of us went around to all the dorms and handed out small postcards that had all of our week of welcome activities on it.
Thursday night we had our first refuel of the semester!
We all met on the presidents lawn and had corn hole, KanJam, ultimate Frisbee and had soft drinks and Papa Johns even stopped by and delivered free pizza!
After it got dark we had our devotional and sang. It was such a great night and we had a GREAT turnout!


Friday we had Fryday Friday
Freshmen 15 all in one night, ha! They fried everything you can think of from cheesecake bites to pickles. I have to say the fried cookie dough wasn't too bad, I only had a few because it was just so much!! We also had a pretty intense game of volleyball going on, let's just say I need some practice before intramurals start up, haha.
 
On Tuesday we had $3 Tuesday
Some of the sweet ladies from our church come over to the SOC house and cook a homemade meal for everyone. They are the sweetest and some of the best cooks and they don't go lightly on the food I had Matthew save me a plate and they loaded it down with food! Each Tuesday there is a different menu, this past Tuesday was breakfast foods and next week is Italian...my mouth is already watering.
 
Wednesday night after bible class we had an ice cream social.
We had tons of different flavors and all kinds of toppings.


we had a great turnout for this as well!

and last night after refuel we had a small scavenger hunt across campus!
We split up into groups based on our birthday months






Well guess which team won?
That's right the team I was on won! HOLLA HONEY BOO BOO
We walked/ran all over campus and then ran about halfway back to the SOC house and ya girl was about to pass out (there were definitely some walking breaks in there)

After the scavenger hunt we walked over to Tech's first football game of the season!!
I was not going to miss going to the first game!





Tech won and they shot off fireworks after the game!
Such a fun night and a GREAT start to the semester!!

I don't know about y'all but I am more than ready for this three day weekend!
I plan on doing a whole bunch of nothing and catching up on my sleep, my shows I have missed and working on some crafts for my room and apartment!
I hope you all have a fun/safe weekends and that you get to spend it with the ones who mean most to you!! 

1 comment:

Your comments always make my day!