Thursday, October 31, 2013

What does the mouse say?

// H A P P Y  H A L L O W E E N //
 
Usually I'm not too excited for Halloween because it's just another day for me. At home we live too far out in the country to have any trick or treaters and I've never been to a Halloween party other than the ones we used to have a school. (I promise I'm not too lame)
And last year I had class. While everyone was out having fun I was learning about the history or theatre and he kept us the whole time. Crazy y'all just crazy!!
 
Well after 21 years ya girl is going to her first ever Halloween/costume party!!!!
I am just so excited I can't even stand it!!
I have been looking on Pinterest searching for the perfect couples costumes probably since August.
Back in August when I talked to Matthew about what we wanted to be he straight up laughed for a good 5 minutes and thought I was joking but then he realized I was being serious and looked with me a little bit. LOL bless his heart. I don't know how he puts up with me and my crazy ideas sometimes but I couldn't think of anyone else who could!! LOVE you bear!
 
I can't tell you what we decided on being tonight until tomorrow or Friday but if you are following me on Instagram you will find out tonight :)
 
But I will share with you what I dressed up as for work today but first let me give you a little back story on this...I found out yesterday afternoon about 4 o'clock that we can dress up at work as long as it's appropriate. I immediately thought of being a cat. I just wanted something simple because of my headset and because it was already 4 o'clock and we had dinner plans. church and our guys intramural soccer championship game for when I got off. So I text a few girls and asked if they had cat ears.
No one had any. Zero. Awesome.
So I told Matthew after the soccer game I needed to run to Wal-Mart to find cat ears.
Y'all the look on his face when I told him that was like I just smashed his PS3 with a sledgehammer.
HE. HATES. WAL-MART.
with every fiber of his being, hates it.
So I told him I would just drop him off at his apartment or he could just sit in the car but he said he didn't want me going by myself so late at night.
So we ran to Wal-Mart and of course the Halloween section was destroyed and everyone had the same idea as I did. I found one last cat kit. Except it wasn't just a cat kit it was a leopard cat kit and it came with a leopard mask, tail and collar. I wasn't too happy with it but I got it anyways.
 
Well after really hatin on that kit I got my roommate told me that our other roommate had mouse ears. So I borrowed those from her and that is how I became...
 
 
Avery the Averitt mouse.
Presh I know. Picture taken in the bathroom at work.
 Keepin it classy y'all
 
I drove to work like this, ears and all. It was great comic relief for all the cars stopped next to me at red lights I'm sure. I have decided work is better when you get to dress up.
P.S. I did my hair and makeup in 45 minutes this morning. I am kicking this Thursday in the butt.
Be safe tonight!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Aw, love your cute mouse ears. Made me think of Mean Girls - "Duh! I'm a mouse!" Ha ha, I'm sure you weren't a sketchy one, though ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the halloween party!!! The only time I was able to convince my boyfriend to do a couples costume, we were video game characters haha. But it turned out cute! I love your make-up for your mouse costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the most gorgeous mouse ever! Your hair looks PERFECT! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fellow hater of Wal-Mart. It really is the worst place in the world, but I can't stay away because of the dang prices! Argh. I love this last minute costume though! What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!