Wednesday, November 27, 2013

T-minus 6 hours

When I get off today I am headed straight to pick Matthew up and we are headed back to the boro for Thanksgiving break!! Although it's not very long it's still 4 days at home :)
 
Last night was a good one. Class ended after about an hour, we made it to church on time (we had our Wednesday service on Tuesday night this week since everyone will be traveling starting today), our boys won the volleyball championship and we decorated the SOC house for Christmas!!
 
Congrats boys!
 
and a few pictures of the Christmas decorations...
 
 We turned on Pandora and listened to Christmas music to help get us in the Christmas spirit

Please ignore the fact that I look like I gained 10 pounds in one night, I had about 3 shirts on under that sweatshirt lol. I am still trying to adjust to the cold weather up here!!
I packed everything up last night and it is ready to go as well! Yesterday while at work I made out a packing list for me and Matthew. I am still trying to decide on what I want to wear on Thanksgiving. By Friday night I will have had SIX Thanksgiving meals.
1. Friendsgiving
2. Thanksgiving lunch at work
3. Thanksgiving lunch with the SOC ($3 Tuesday)
4.Thanksgiving lunch with Matthew's Family on Thursday
5. Thanksgiving dinner with my family on Thursday
6. Thanksgiving lunch at my Mema's on Friday.
Abundantly blessed y'all.
 
We were supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow last night but when I woke up this morning and looked outside it looked like it had missed us but as of right now it is coming down pretty good and our cars are starting to turn a little white!
Praying for safe travels for everyone over the next few days.
 
I think I am going to brave the crowds yet once again this Black Friday and get some shopping finished. For the past 3 years Matthew has gone with me and he has agreed to go again this year!! He says he doesn't want me going shopping alone with all the crazy crowds but I think he secretly likes all the good deals.
 
I do also have a few things on my to-do list to cross off over break...
1. Get everything for Matthew's graduation party (17 DAYS Y'ALL)
2. Get his graduation present :)
3. Finish Christmas shopping
4. Clean out my inbox
5. Finish editing some pictures
6. Finish reading Crazy Love for the second time
7. Get all of my Christmas decorations down from the attic to bring back to Cookeville
8. Decorate the house for Christmas before I leave
*and of course enjoy my time home with all my family**
 
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and are able to enjoy the time with your loved ones!! :) 
{Source}
 
Also don't forget to enter in the giveaway from yesterday!!

3 comments:

  1. You do NOT look like you gained 10 pounds lol! You gotta do whatever it is that you need to stay warm. And listening to Christmas music is the best way to get in the Christmas spirit. I plan to do that this weekend while we decorate our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to play Christmas music while putting up decorations. It's like a rule. :)

    Good luck with your Black Friday shopping! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!