Thursday, December 19, 2013

Southern comfort food- dumplins recipe

If you missed my post from yesterday about my Nanny's red cinnamon apples then you need to check it out really quick!
These two dishes are perfect sides to serve at Thanksgiving and Christmas or anytime for that matter.
 
Nanny has been making these dumplins since before I was born as well and over the past few years I have been watching and helping her make these.
The recipe is very simple and is too good not to make.
 
What you will need:
-8 cans of biscuits
- 4 (32oz) cartons of chicken broth
-Salt (not pictured)
-Pepper (not pictured)
 
Step 1: Pour all the broth into a big/deep pot.
Step 2: Bring broth to a boil & then start pulling the biscuit dough apart
and put them into the boiling chicken broth
 
Step 3: Let them cook until they are finished (take one out to check the middle)
Stir often so they don't stick to the bottom of the pot.
Step 4: ENJOY!! 

3 comments:

Your comments always make my day!