Tuesday, August 5, 2014

3 down, 1 to go!

You may have read before when I mentioned Matthew is studying and sitting for all four parts of the CPA exam this summer. He has easily put in over 200+ hours of studying so far and still has probably another 100+ to go before he is finished.
Can I also add that it is VERY rare that someone even starts studying for the CPA exams before they graduate with their masters, let alone sit for them? He graduates with his master of Accounting this December and Lord willing he will be able to tell companies that he has already taken and passed all four parts of the CPA exam. There really are no words to describe how proud of him I am and all his hard work he has put in this summer. I have hated seeing him spend his last summer before he gets a big boy job stuck in the library and studying for 8+ hours a day but he knows and I do as well that it will ALL be worth it in the long run.
 
He took the first exam and we found out pretty soon after his scores but for some reason the second and third scores took over six weeks to come out. Talk about frustrating!!  Well, this past Saturday morning he got them and he passed the second and third parts!! He has already been studying for the last and final (hallelujah) part, and he will take it at the end of this month.
 
I told him with each one he passes we will celebrate small and then when he passes all four of them we will do something a little bigger. With the first one we celebrated by making ice cream sundaes at my apartment. We celebrated the second and third one with Mexican last night!!
Matthew had plans to go to munch yesterday (lunch with guy friends = munch) and they had just arrived at the Mexican restaurant and he got a call from his brother. He needed Matthew to come pick him up because his truck wouldn't start. So long story short Matthew missed out on getting to eat at his favorite Mexican restaurant. He told me while I was still at work, so I called and ordered it to go for dinner! We had planned to have chicken pot pie for dinner but why not push it back a night so we can celebrate?!?!
 
I told him to stay at his apartment and study until I let him know dinner is ready and that I needed to stop by the store to get some things. I told him I found a new dessert recipe that I wanted to try lol to throw him off and it worked! He was surprised and we had some delicious Mexican before his first two softballs games of the season! :)
 
 
Also, we were A LOT slower at work than we have been all year. Seriously, I took half the calls I have been since January. Praying it stays that way!!!! Monday wasn't so bad after all ;)

4 comments:

  1. Go, Matthew, go! That's so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to him! I'm the same way with celebrating things, I think it's important to celebrate all the little victories and big ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to him! I remember when my sister took her CPA exams. She was crazy enough to work full time whilst doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to him! Bet it's a huge relief to be done and over with them. I'm new to the blogging world and would love if you could stop by and check out my new blog, http://the--arnolds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!