Thursday, February 4, 2016

FEBRUARY | GOALS

Yesterday I shared my 2016 goals and today I'm sharing my February goals!

January was a BUSY month for us. We spent most free time packing up our apartment, I got into a small wreck, Matthew was out of town for two weeks for work, I FINALLY finished up one of my biggest projects at work (it started back in November and ends in late January), and we finally moved into our new home! Here's to hoping February isn't as crazy!!


1. Unpack ALL boxes at our house. 
This will take a good bit of time I'm sure, but I'm hoping to put a big dent in it this weekend. I'm REALLY wanting to have everything completely unpacked by 2/12 that way we don't have to do anything Valentine's Day weekend!

2. Organize everything.
As much as I want everything unpacked I want everything organized. I really can't function unless everything is organized and in it's place. If the kitchen counters have a ton of stuff on it and everything is EVERYWHERE I can't focus on fixing dinner or what needs to be done because of the huge mess staring at me. Think I'm joking? I literally MESSED up an omelet last night while fixing dinner. Who messes up an omelet?! Me, with a messy kitchen.

3. Meal plan, meal plan, meal plan.
This is vital for us if we 1. want to save money and 2. don't want to eat out every single night. We were doing SO good with meal planning at the beginning of January and then towards the end when everything got crazy our meal planning was out the window! Surprisingly this week hasn't been too bad, but I really want to put time into our meal planning and plan good dinners for us!

4. Date Night.
One of my yearly goals is to go on a date at least once a month if not more than one. I think we'll be able to do that this month, easily! 

5. Read one book.
This one might be a little tough this month since I'll probably be spending all my free time unpacking lol but I want to try and read a little. I got a lot of good books for Christmas that I'm really excited to read.

6. Celebrate Valentine's Day.
We usually don't go all out for Valentine's Day, but we still like to celebrate it. Our tradition is to go out to dinner and then to a movie, but since Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday this year I think we have decided to change it up. Instead of going out we plan on staying in and celebrating, more on that later!

7. Decide on a house project with Matthew.
Although I think we've already decided on the kitchen counters we still need to fully commit to it! We'll probably start the project next month once we are completely settled.


4 comments:

  1. I've been reading the same book since the week of Christmas! I maybe have 100 pages left so I'm hoping to finish it tonight!! Whatever good organizing ideas you come up with, please share!!! I'm going to need it! My plan for the weekend is to start packing up our kitchen. All of the extra glassware/serving platters/plates/fancy stuff that we got for the wedding that we don't use everyday. I'll shoot over a few recipes that I've made lately that make for good leftovers to help with the meal planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your goals!!! Meal planning is a huge goal for me too :) it totally keeps us on track and saves a lot of money!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, January was busy!! Hopefully February will be more low key with enjoying the new house and unpacking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals!! I'm right there with you on the mess distraction. If our kitchen or the living room area right outside of it is messy, I get completely distracted and go clean...whoops!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!