Thursday, April 7, 2016

DIY BACKYARD DRIVE IN DATE

Now that it's starting to warm up and summer is getting closer I wanted to share one of my older, but most viewed blog posts I have ever written. Back in May of 2013 Matthew and I celebrated our three year dating anniversary. I love celebrating and I love surprises so I decided to surprise Matthew with a homemade drive in at my parents house.

You can read the whole post here, but I'm going to share some of my favorite images from that post now!

The whole set up!

I made a concession stand for us by using an old desk we had growing up and stocked it with some drive in treats.



I also made some "tickets" for the movie and handed them to him when he got there. So cheesy, but it made it even more exciting ;)

I borrowed my dad's truck and stuff the back with a small twin mattress, pillows and blankets to make it extra comfy!


And here is our DIY screen!

Watching our movie


I shared all about how we made the screen in this post, and here are a few pictures from that post!

My dad working on the screen.


By far one of my many favorite memories with Matthew and I was actually able to pull of a surprise without him knowing anything! We had perfect weather and enjoyed the movie together celebrating our 3 year anniversary! I would love to do this again, but I don't think our backyard is fit for something like this right now lol. Maybe one day we'll be able to pull this off again!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! This is THE cutest thing ever!!! Y'all are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest idea!!! You guys are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute and over the top. Right up my alley. Such a sweet thing to do for your guy. He's lucky to have you

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just recently came across your blog, and I have enjoyed reading your posts! This has got to be the cutest idea I've ever seen! Not sure if I could have pulled off something like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing idea! You guys are adorable and I have loved reading some of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so stinking adorable. Cheesy is my favorite, so you know I LOVED the tickets you passed out to "admit" him to the showing. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!