Tuesday, May 24, 2016

WEEKENDING

Our weekend was so good and of course, went by too quickly! We were able to get a lot done and relax a bit....the perfect combination!

Friday I picked up the groceries on my way home from work. I made philly cheesesteak sandwiches and we were able to enjoy dinner on the patio since it hasn't been very hot lately.
Patio dinners = some of my favorite!
and yes, I leave for the beach in less than a month...my diet is going real well ;) 

Saturday started out slow for us. Lounging around, watching TV, and eating our favorite breakfast, again. I had some laundry going and cleaned a good bit. I always feel SO much better when our house is clean. I decided it was time to clean our new comforter! We got it back in January or February, I can't remember, but it's white with some navy detailing in it. I knew I would need to wash it every few months to keep it that way and so far it hasn't been that bad, thankfully! I washed it on a delicate cycle and then let it air dry over out stairway all day. When we went to bed it was perfectly clean and dry! 


We finally got motivated to get out Saturday and went to look at furniture. If you follow me on snapchat then you have been able to see a few snaps from the past few weeks of us in and out of furniture stores. We finally decided on some furniture, and we bit the bullet. We lucked up and were able to get the Memorial day sale, too! We had been looking at a consignment furniture store close to our house that sells Ashley's Furniture pieces at a huge discount. They didn't have everything on the floor so we decided to go to Ashley's Furniture to see it all in person.

 Well Matthew, being the negotiator that he is, went back and forth with the sales rep there and ended up getting them to PRICE MATCH the consignment store prices, plus get the insurance on all of the furniture knocked in half, and FREE shipping. LOVE that negotiating man of mine! We also get the furniture A LOT sooner than the consignment store and they will come in and set it all up for us. As a matter of fact the furniture will be here NEXT Tuesday (sorry for all the caps, we are just way too excited about this!) which works out perfect because our summer soiree will be the following weekend...perfect timing! I'll share pictures once we have everything set up. We are taking Matthew's twin bed from his college apartment and putting it in my office. We are slowly but surely filling up our home, and we are so excited! Here is a small peak at the guest bedroom furniture:

Sunday we went to church with Matthew's parents and then to lunch. We hung out with them for most of the afternoon. Matthew helped his dad hang up some stuff on the wall in their living room and it ended up looking so good! Sadly, I didn't get a picture of any of it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! What a deal!!! I cannot wait to see what y'all ended up picking out! New furniture is so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will totally love what you picked out for the guest room. That sneak peak is so pretty!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sandwiches look AMAZING and the furniture is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!