Thursday, July 14, 2016

THE MARRIAGE DIARIES VOL. 11

I am really bad at keeping up with these, considering our 1 year is just days away. Oh well, playing catch up today!

Here we are getting so close to celebrating our one year anniversary. Our time hop and Facebook memories are constantly showing us memories from a year ago, and I can't help but look back and tear up. This time last year we were running around getting the last minute details finished up. And I mean last minute details....Matthew had our wedding programs printed off the day before our wedding :) We had decided we didn't want them but then at the last minute decided we did. So with some quick designing on my end and quick thinking on Matthew's end we had our programs printed and ready to be handed out. It's little details like that I don't want to forget about our sweet day, and the days leading up to it.

We are getting settled into our home even more now than ever. The end of this month will mark 6 months in our home. We have furniture in almost every room, and we have gotten quotes on the paint and built-ins that we are eager about. Once the paint is finished we will start hanging stuff on the walls, and I know once we get into all of that it will feel even more like ours. We have established great relationships with both of our neighbors and love our little neighborhood. We have hosted family and friends many times and look forward to many more events in our home. 

We are in the middle of summer and I am loving every second of it! I know Matthew is more than ready for some cooler weather, but I am loving this summer. Last summer was SO fast paced and in all actuality revolved around wedding planning. It's so nice this summer to just come home to each other and watch a movie, do stuff around the house, run errands, or just go for a summer drive. Wedding planning was an extremely exciting time and I enjoyed every second of it, but I love the slower pace of life where we are in now. And savoring every moment, because I know life won't always be at the slow of a pace! 


Sharing life and a last name with this guy is simply the best.

2 comments:

  1. Love! It's so nice too , that you're in the house and semi-settled during summer so you can enjoy it! This is our first summer enjoying our house since we moved in June last year. Happy almost Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also printed our programs the day before, haha. And it's amazing how fast your first year of marriage goes. But you never have to stop being newlyweds :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!