Friday, February 3, 2017

FRIDAY VOL. 5

After three weeks of traveling and only being home on the weekends, Matthew is flying home tonight and he is done traveling for awhile! Woo hoo!! I can't wait to stare at his handsome face all night ;) Prayers for safe travel, please!

 - We are having a Super Bowl potluck today at work and I made a huge pot full of chili to bring in. I didn't realize just how heavy a crock pot full of chili would be lol. My arms were a little sore after I made the long trek into work this morning. #weakling 

- I picked up this charcoal mask a few weeks ago and finally took the time to try it and I loved it! It's my first charcoal mask, and I was a little hesitant about buying one because I was afraid it would be hard to take off and make a big mess in the sink, but I am happy to say it wasn't at all. Just some warm water and a dark washcloth did the trick!
- Reagan turned 5 months old on February 1st and we celebrated with a slice of cheese at lunch lol. She will do anything for cheese. Also, crazy dog mom is in full effect (and has been since the night we brought her home ;) #noshame)

- The last day of January was so warm and sunny all day. I could not have loved it more!! Sadly it's back to cold and cloudy.

- Now that Matthew is finished with traveling I can start meal planning regularly again! I have just been meal planning for the weekends and picking up a few things for me during the week to eat, but let's be honest, most of the time while he was away I was eating dinner with my family, grilled cheese and cereal for dinner. My mom sent me home with enough food for a small army so I have had plenty of good meals still lol. I'm excited to get back in the kitchen though! 

- Reagan has been taking advantage of extra room in the bed while Matthew has been out of town and  has been sleeping on his side for a little bit. It usually doesn't last long though, Reagan likes to be right up next to me while she sleeps. It's the cutest thing, but sometimes I wake up and her little feet are right in my face or her body is almost wrapped around my head lol. Sometimes I think I have a small child in the bed with me instead of a 7lb puppy. Also, she snores some, and I die a little on the inside every time because it's the cutest sound to wake up to. See what I mean about crazy dog mom? It's fine, I've completely accepted it.

Okay, last thing, if you couldn't tell already, I'm a little REALLY excited for Matthew to get home tonight! Matthew, if you're reading this, I CAN'T WAIT TO KISS YOUR FACE.
He's handsome and I love him.

9 comments:

  1. I love your meal planning calendar! Also, happy birthday to your adorable fur baby :) Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - so glad he will be home for awhile now!!! Your little pup is precious - the obsession is totally understandable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when Jared's away so I totally get it! Hope you all have an awesome weekend together :) I have tried the BeautyCounter charcoal mask but this one is a lot cheaper so I may have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that charcoal mask- one of my favorite finds for sure! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brad and I have been married for 19 years and I STILL hate when he is gone...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby and I live in different states so I totally understand the distance things, its hard. And when your fur baby is that cute, you have every right to be a crazy dog mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a charcoal mask that I got a Sephora with some rewards but I have yet to try it. I can't believe that I didn't even think about using a dark washcloth to take it off...glad I know now because I would have grabbed a white one haha! Have a great weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, that's a whole lot of travel!! So glad Matthew's home for good now! I was gone this past week and was dying to get home... can't imagine 3 weeks like that! Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend and get to spend tons of time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of my cats snore, and it is truly adorable. My husband also snores (though the cats are louder).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!