Thursday, February 23, 2017

MEETING EMILY LEY

I have been a big fan of Emily Ley for a long time. I remember my freshmen year of college finding her blog. I read and read and read tons of her posts. I became obsessed with her products and even woke up super early the day her Simplified Planner was released to purchase one before they sold out! I loved seeing her posts on social media and remember following along through her infertility struggles, and then pregnancy with her twins. So when my sister and I found out that Emily Ley was coming to Nashville for a book signing for her new book, Grace, Not Perfectionwe could not sign up to go quick enough!



The book signing was at Parnassus Books here in Nashville and they had it set up very nicely for the event. Before the actual book signing began Emily did a Q&A session and we got to catch the tail end of that. It was nice to hear her perspective on some things and she was really encouraging to everyone that asked questions. When it was our turn to have our books signed she told my sister, Mady, that she almost named her daughter Madison and she complimented me on my vest which lead to talk of our love for vests lol. 



I'm not sure why, but when we arrived at the bookstore I immediately got nervous, which is really weird, I know lol but I was. Turns out I had nothing to be nervous about, Emily Ley was incredibly nice, down to earth, and very friendly! If she ever does a book signing in your area I highly recommend going if you can. It was a fun night and I'm so glad we got to go and listen to her and meet her.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun night for you and your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an Emily Ley planner---love this post! Looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool!! Love that you got to meet her and get an autographed book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard great things about Grace Not Pefection but I haven't read it yet. I need to get on that!! So fun that you were able to go meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! I would love to meet Emily! She seems super sweet. It's so surreal seeing someone "famous" in person. I went to see Lauren Conrad at a book signing and I remember thinking how weird it was to actually see her in real life. I totally got a little nervous too! I didn't want to say something silly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you got to do this!!! It sounds like such a fun night with your sister! And I'm glad Emily was as sweet in person as you would expect her to be!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome! I would have been a fan girl for sure in this situation, I wish she'd come to Texas! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!