Wednesday, March 22, 2017

HOMEMADE MEAT SAUCE | DINNER RECIPE


I have been looking for a new homemade spaghetti recipe and I finally found it! We all know homemade is better than store bought, and this recipe makes quite a bit for the two of us, so we can freeze it and use it later.

Homemade Meat Sauce

Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground Italian sausage
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
2 tablespoons sugar
1½ teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt and ground black pepper

Directions:
1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook beef, sausage, and onion over medium heat until mostly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain if desired, and then stir in garlic.

2. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more salt to taste if desired.

*I actually let mine simmer for around an hour. The longer it simmers, the better...in my opinion ;)
You could also use this in Lasagna.



For other dinner recipes click, here!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE homemade sauce - it's so good and even better when you have extra in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I actually just told Stephen I'd like to make homemade spaghetti sauce instead of store bought!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!