Tuesday, March 14, 2017

WEEKEND RECAP - MATTHEW'S BIRTHDAY

Matthew requested one thing for this birthday weekend and that was to, take it easy and relax. So that's just what we did. He got home late from work on Friday night and we had homemade sub sandwiches and watched some Netflix before calling it a night around 10:00. I told Matthew if he really wanted a relaxing weekend then he couldn't do any work on Saturday. Unfortunately his birthday lands in the middle of busy season, so I reminded him that he needed a break and to take the day off, not to look at any emails, or do any work, and much to my surprise he didn't once pull his laptop out! 

We woke up Saturday morning to about an inch of snow, which was completely unexpected! We were expecting some rain/snow showers Saturday afternoon, but not Saturday morning so that was a fun (and very cold) surprise! Last week it was in the 70's so the snow melted just as fast as it came down, we only got to see it for about 2 hours before it was all melted. Our best friends, Ethan and Rachel, came over to the house and we headed out to brunch..birthday brunch! We let Matthew pick the place since it was his birthday weekend and he chose IHOP lol so IHOP it was! We both couldn't remember when we had been there last, it had been a couple of years at least, and agreed that we need to go back soon!!

After brunch we dropped Ethan and Rachel back off at their car and Matthew and I headed to Hobby Lobby. A true miracle happened Saturday morning...without any prompting, me mentioning that I wanted to go or anything, Matthew asked a question that was just music to my ears, he said, "hey, do you wanna run by Hobby Lobby after brunch?" Rachel and I both paused our conversation and looked at each other to make sure we had heard him correctly LOL. So off to Hobby Lobby we went. He wanted to get his certificates matted and framed and I, of course, took the opportunity to browse the whole store. I ended up only buying a spring piece for our mantel but love it! Matthew's frames will be ready to pick up in a couple of weeks and we are so excited to get them up on the wall in his office at home.
After our glorious Hobby Lobby trip we headed home for some snuggles and a Saturday afternoon nap with out puppy girl, before heading to Matthew's parents house for the rest of the weekend. We had a delicious dinner and dessert with his parents and then played a few rounds of Mexican train before bed!

Sunday we went to church and then had Chinese for lunch with his parents before heading over to my parents house for the afternoon. My sister is almost finished with her room and it looks so good so far. We discussed some deck-building plans with my dad and I'm excited to see what we do this summer! 

It was the best relaxing weekend celebrating my favorite guy, and we're actually not finished celebrating juuuuust yet...I have a little surprise planned in a few weeks to end his birthday month and I am pretty excited about that! 
There are no words for how thrilled and thankful I am to be celebrating you today! It's been a year filled with transition, change, new roles and titles and responsibilities. You have met challenges and struggle with humility and an open heart, using them to grow more reliant on the Lord and trusting in His perfect plan for you. You have noted and enjoyed God's faithfulness and clung to His promises. You have held steadfast to your faith. You have grown in confidence and wisdom. You have led our family purposefully and prayerfully. I have learned so much from you and I couldn't possibly be more proud of you in this year. You have done so much hard, good, important work and I have loved catching a glimpse of the man you are becoming. You are an excellent husband, my best friend, and a truly great man. I feel thankful and proud every single day I get to wake up with you by my side. I can't imagine a better love, partner, and friend to walk through life with and I hope for many more birthdays spent celebrating YOU! I love you more than I could ever say! You're my favorite.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday weekend! And I love that you are extending it a little further with some more surprises. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great weekend! Good celebrations and good relaxing time! Happy Belated to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! What a fun weekend celebrating Matthew! I hope he had a great birthday - can't wait to see what you have planned :) Any un-prompted Hobby Lobby trip is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend celebrating your husband! Low key and relaxed weekends are sometimes the perfect present :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!