Wednesday, May 17, 2017

HOMEMADE TORTILLA EXPERIENCE

Here recently, I have been trying to make more things homemade. For a couple of different reasons, 1. So I can double up the recipe and then freeze the extra and 2. Because homemade just tastes better!

So last night I decided to try my hand at homemade tortillas. It wasn't a fail like the cauliflower pizza crust, but it also didn't turn out like my homemade biscuits that I made a couple of weeks ago either. I used this recipe, but had to tweak it by A LOT. The tortillas came out better than I had hoped for, but still not as good as I would have liked for them to. Some looked like pancakes and some looked like giant blobs. Here are some pictures that I snapped last night of them.




So would I make homemade tortillas again? Maybe, just when I have more time. I think this is definitely a rainy-Saturday-play-in-the-kitchen kind of thing. I'll probably use another recipe, too, so if any of y'all have a favorite homemade tortilla recipe send it my way, please!

 photo Untitledscaa_zpsbqu6wi04.png

1 comment:

  1. Even if they didn't turn out great, good for you for trying!!! That's so neat :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!