Wednesday, October 18, 2017

PLANNING FOR 2018

It absolutely blows my mind that we are already in the last quarter of 2017!! I'm not really sure where the year went, or how it even went by so quickly, but here we are, October. October starts my three favorite months of the year. I feel like our house is the coziest/warmest during the last quarter of the year. Probably because of our fall and then Christmas decorations and the fact that I try and turn on our fire place every chance I can get while we are home, ha!

Matthew and I have some PTO to burn so we are both taking the week off after Thanksgiving again this year. Last year we left the Monday after Thanksgiving and went on a week long cruise. While the cruise was really nice and really fun, we have decided to have a staycation during that week this year. We are both really looking forward to that week and have been tossing around a couple of ideas and plans. We both agreed we just want a couple of low-key days, but I want to spend some of that week preparing for 2018. Matthew and I are going to sit down one day that week and plan out some goals for 2018- marriage, financial, health, home projects, career, travel, and just life in general goals. My type A personality is too excited about this. 

I also want to set some personal goals for myself for 2018. I used to post about monthly goals here on the blog, but this year I didn't. I actually haven't even really set monthly goals this year and I can definitely tell that I need goal setting back in my life! After a ton of research and hearing so many great things from other bloggers/friends I am going to purchase and work through Lara Casey's Powersheets for 2018.

 I am really excited about this and I think it will get myself back on track for goal planning for 2018. I have been watching the Cultivate What Matters Team's video of the Powersheets and it just makes me even more excited. I have a reminder set in my calendar for once they go on sale so I can snag a set before they sell out. I have decided on the 2018 Powersheets One-Year Intentional Goal Planner.

The live videos that they do on Instagram and Facebook and this post helped me decide on the full year set rather than the six month set. I also really love the cover! So cute but not over the top. 

They are supposed to ship the day you purchase them so I am excited to think that these will be here in time for our week after Thanksgiving off, so that I can really look through it and start planning for 2018 with it.

Another thing I am really looking forward to, Emily Ley's new book, A Simplified Life!!!!! I just pre-ordered it on Amazon and I am crossing my fingers that it will arrive soon after the release date of, November 21st, so that I can read it while I am off as well.

I read Emily's first book, Grace not Perfection, and loved it, so I have no doubt that this one will be just as good. I also went to her book signing with my sister when she came to Nashville earlier this year. I have heard her mention in her live videos that she will be doing another book signing tour early next year, so we are crossing our fingers that she makes it back to Nashville!! 

One of my favorite quotes is by Benjamin Franklin,
"If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail."

3 comments:

  1. Taking that whole week off after thanksgiving sounds amazing! Lots of time to decorate for Christmas ;) Enjoy that time and working on your 2018 goals - I'll definitely be interested to hear what you think about the power sheets. I honestly don't understand them lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you and Matthew make goals together! Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not purchased the powersheets yet, but I've heard great things about them and can't wait to order them for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!