Tuesday, May 8, 2018

#THECOATSHOME: PLATE WALL


Our plate wall is finished and I love it! I have been talking about doing a plate wall since we got married and finally got around to doing it. 

I started off with taping paper plates to our dining room wall to decide on the layout. They ended up staying up a little longer than I wanted because things kept coming up and I wanted to make sure that was exactly the layout I wanted, and it was! After a lot of research, I decided on and used these plate hangers, and so far they have held up perfectly.

When it came time to hang the actual plates up I laid them all out on the floor with the same layout and numbered them. I also numbered the paper plates on the wall and then added one plate at a time. 

It took a lot of measuring and hopping off the chair to stand back and look after each individual plate was added, but it was worth it. 

And since I never got around to sharing the other wall in our dining room, here it is. Matthew gifted me this beautiful sign for Valentine's Day this year and we both love it! It's a Bob Dylan song and the theme song from Parenthood. #parenthoodforever

I am happy to say that after a little over two years in our home we now have one room completely finished (excluding floors, hardwood floors will come one day)! To see what our dining room looked like when we moved in and all of the updates we have made since then go here, here, and here.

These plates are just a few of the many that were used at our wedding almost three years ago. I am so happy to have them up and the sweet memories that they hold.

To see all other posts in #TheCoatsHome series go here.

7 comments:

  1. This turned out so great!! I love that song! And Parenthood...oh I wish it was still on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the entire room! Especially the plates and your curtains.. absolutly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love how it turned out!! The whole room looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a completed room! I LOVE a plate wall and am totally going to do one myself. Just such a classic look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my heavens this is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, just catching up - I absolutely love this plate wall! And more than that, I love that the plates hold special meaning. I also love those buffalo check curtains. What a pretty room!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!